The purpose of Gateway is to enable schools to provide senior students (years 11–13+) with opportunities to access structured workplace learning that has:
- a formalised learning arrangement set in the workplace
- specified knowledge and skills that a student will attain
- specified assessment methods (workplace learning).
To find out more or to see whether you are eligible, see Mr Cox in the Careers Office or email email@example.com.
The STAR programme is designed to help Year 11-13 students move smoothly from school into tertiary study or work. It provides students with relevant, coherent learning experiences aligned to vocational pathways.
The objectives of STAR are to:
- provide flexible funding for courses which will better respond to students’ needs, motivate them to achieve, and facilitate their smooth transition to further education, training or employment
- support students to explore career pathways and help them make informed decisions about their schooling and future work or study.
Click on STAR Courses to view a current list of courses available!
To find out more or to see whether you are eligible, see Mrs Newton in the Careers Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dual Pathways programme aims to improve the transition of students from school to work by providing a wider range of learning opportunities, making better use of the education network, and creating clear pathways from school to work and study. Dual Pathways’s partnership model transitions students from secondary school to employment-based tertiary education.
To find out more or to see whether you are eligible, see Mrs Sweney-McKee in the Careers Office or email email@example.com.